Chocolate Covered Banana Pops
I make this during the summer for a quick treat. My children, although grown
up, always look in the freezer for them.
- 3 ripe large bananas
- 9 wooden ice cream sticks or skewers
- 2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped unsalted, roasted peanuts
- Peel bananas; cut each into thirds.
- Insert wooden stick into each banana piece and place on wax paper covered baking
sheet. Cover and freeze until firm.
- In a double boiler over hot not boiling water, melt chocolate chips and shortening
- Remove bananas from freezer just before dipping.
- Dip each piece into warm chocolate
covering the banana completely, roll immediately into peanuts, covering the entire
- Return to freezer.
- Serve frozen.
Yield: 9 pops
You can also use toasted coconut or jimmies.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine.