Creamy Caramel Milksicles
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping at room temperature
- 6 (3 ounce) plastic or paper cups or 6 (2.5 ounce) freezer pop molds
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and gradually whisk in milk.
Simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a large shallow bowl;
place in refrigerator for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop heaping teaspoonsful of caramel topping randomly over pudding. Gently swirl
- Spoon mixture into plastic cups; place cups in an 8-inch baking pan
or pie pan.
- Place popsicle sticks in centers.
- Freeze until firm.