Horchata Frozen Pops
Horchata Frozen Pops are inspired by the traditional Mexican and South American
beverage and in this version are made into convenient and easy-to-serve frozen treats.
You'll love the subtle cinnamon influence in these tasty treats.
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 18 (3- to 4-ounce) paper cups
- 18 wooden craft sticks
- Combine water, rice, sweetened condensed milk, milk and cinnamon sticks
in large bowl; cover and cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove cinnamon sticks. Spoon rice into blender (reserve soaking water);
cover. Blend on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Add the reserved soaking water; blend for an additional 2 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or extra fine sieve into a pitcher,
pressing the rice solids until only a dry paste remains; discard paste.
- Repeat process if necessary to eliminate all rice solids from liquid.
- Add ground cinnamon to mixture.
- Pour horchata into paper cups. Place cups in freezer for 1 hour or until
- Place wooden sticks in centers of cups and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
Prep Time: 140 min | Cooling Time: 4 hr | Servings: 18
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestle and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Popsicle Recipes