Key Lime Pie Pops
These citrusy, frozen pops are a creative and refreshing dessert treat that puts
a new twist on the traditional baked key lime pie.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup bottled or fresh Key lime or regular lime juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 10 drops yellow food color
- 8 drops green food color
- 9 single-serve Graham cracker crusts (from two 4-oz packages)
- 18 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 12 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, lime juice, egg yolks, lime peel and food
colors with whisk. Pour into crusts. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Cover; refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Freeze until firm, about
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Carefully remove frozen pies from pans; cut
in half. Place pies on cookie sheet. Pierce side of pie with knife; insert craft
stick into side of each pie through crust and about 1 1/2 inches into filling.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until very firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes,
stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Remove 3 or 4 pie pops from freezer at a time. Dip bottom crust and cut sides
of pie pops into melted coating; tap off excess. Return dipped pops to cookie sheet.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon remaining melted coating into small resealable food-storage plastic bag.
Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe coating onto pies to look like lime
- Keep pops frozen.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes | Yield: 18 servings
Nutritional information Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 245 Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 6g Sodium 87mg Total Carbohydrate 36g Dietary Fiber 0g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Pillsbury.