Have fun with your kids and make these easy frozen fruit treats (that drip much
less than most) together year round.
- 1 (28 ounce/796 mL) can California cling sliced peaches or peach halves, in light syrup or fruit juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) liquid honey
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ginger (nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla yogurt, preferably thick Greek-style
- 8 small paper cups or popsicle containers
- 8 wooden sticks (optional)
- Drain peaches, then place in a food processor or blender along with honey,
lemon juice, vanilla and ginger. Puree.
- Add yogurt and whirl just until blended.
- Pour into paper cups or popsicle containers. If using paper cups, set on
a tray and freeze about 45 minutes.
- Then insert wooden sticks, mixture should be frozen enough that stick will
- Continue to freeze until firm, a couple of hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let stand a few minutes.
- If using paper cups, peel off paper and enjoy.
Makes 8 Peachsicles.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Cling Peaches
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.