Shirley Temple Popsicles
Refreshing Popsicle treat for hot summer days!
- 1 (13.5 ounce) jar maraschino cherries with liquid
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or agave(less or more to taste)
- 8 ounces club soda
- Drain the cherries and reserve the juice. If they have stems, remove them.
- Divide the maraschino cherry liquid evenly among 10 popsicle molds or small
- Place 3 or 4 cherries in each mold.
- Combine the lemon and lime juice with the honey, maple syrup, or agave.
- Add the club soda and stir to take out some of the fizzing.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, insert popsicle sticks, and freeze for 2
hours or until frozen solid.
Yield: 10 popsicles | Freeze time: 2 hours
By Carol Kicinski at Simply Gluten-Free
Recipe and photo credit:
National Cherry Growers and Industries Foundation.