Avocado Pineapple Sherbet
- 2 cups pureed avocado pulp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine sugar, pineapple and lemon juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine avocado pulp and milk. Mix well.
- Add sugar mixture and avocado; mix well.
- Add salt to egg whites; beat until soft peaks form.
- Begin adding 1/4 cup sugar,
1 tablespoon at a time, continuing to beat. Beat until all sugar is added and whites
- Fold egg whites into avocado mixture; spoon into freezer tray or a pan.
- Freeze until almost hard.
- Place in blender or mixer and gently blend until sherbet consistency.
- Serve at once.