- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: fresh blueberries, lemon rind strips
- Process blueberries in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to
scrape down sides.
- Press blueberry puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into
a large bowl, discarding solids.
- Add sugar, buttermilk and vanilla extract to bowl,
and stir until well blended.
- Pour blueberry mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice cream maker, and
freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Garnish each serving, if desired.
Makes about 4 cups.