Cherry Pie Sorbet
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling and topping
- 3/4 cup frozen cherry juice blend concentrate, defrosted, undiluted
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Toasted slivered almonds
- Sorbet: Put cherry pie filling, cherry juice blend concentrate, lemon juice, lemon peel
and almond extract in the container of an electric blender or food processor. Cover
and process 15 to 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan or other shallow container. Cover with
aluminum foil and freeze overnight. (Mixture becomes slushy, but never freezes firm.)
- Stir cherry mixture with a fork before serving.
- Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with toppings.
- Store remaining cherry sorbet in freezer.
Yield: 6 servings; about 3 cups
Recipe credit: Cherry Marketing Institute