- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, best possible quality
- Combine water and sugar in a heavy saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir
until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in cocoa and bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer for
3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Stir the cool mixture, then freeze in 1 or 2 batches in your ice cream
machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
Makes about 3 cups.
When finished, sorbet will be soft but ready to eat.
For firmer sorbet, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze at least 2
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 16, 2001