Coconut Lime Sorbet
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (Coco Lopez is excellent)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (use the juice of fresh key limes if possible)
- Optional: Chopped maraschino cherries or other sweet cherries, about 1/2 cup
- Garnish: Fresh pineapple, cherries, mango slices, banana
- In a bowl, whisk ingredients together. If you are adding cherries, do so now.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker, according the the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer sorbet to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with fresh fruit.
Makes about 1 pint.