Easy Peach Sorbet
- 3 (15 ounce) cans DEL MONTE® Sliced Peachesin Heavy Syrup*
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon
almond extract (optional)
- Place unopened cans of peaches in freezer until solid (about 24 hours).
- Submerge unopened frozen cans in very hot tap water for 1 minute. Open bottom
side of cans with can opener. Pour any thawed syrup into food processor bowl. Remove
fruit from can; carefully cut into chunks, about 2 inches in size.
- Place into food processor with remaining ingredients (blender or mini-processors
are not recommended). Process until smooth, scraping blade as needed.
- Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
- Garnish with additional Peach
Slices and fresh mint, if desired.
Servings 10 | Prep Time 24 Hours
* Substitute DEL MONTE® No Sugar Added Peaches for a low calorie treat.
Reprinted with permission from
Del Monte Corporation.