- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flesh of 2 large mangoes, pureed and strained
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons cream, whipped
- Put sugar and 1 1/4 cups water in a heavy-based saucepan and stir to dissolve.
Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and
- Stir mango puree into syrup and pour into a shallow metal container.
- Chill the mixture for 30 minutes the cover and freeze to the slushy stage.
- Turn semi-frozen mixture into a bowl and beat well.
- Return the mixture to the
container, cover and freeze until just becoming slushy again.
- Turn out into the bowl and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold cream and then
the egg white into the mango mixture, spoon back into the container, cover and freeze
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the sherbet to the refrigerator.
Serves 4 to 6.