Marcel Desaulnier's Banana Sorbet
The size ice cream scoop you use to serve this sorbet is your choice.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 pounds bananas, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat the water and sugar in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk to
dissolve the sugar. Bring the mixture to the boil and allow to boil until slightly
thickened and reduced to 2 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes.
- While the sugar and water are reducing to a syrup, peel the bananas. Smash them
to a rough-textured consistency in a stainless-steel bowl, using a slotted spoon
(the yield should be about 3 cups).
- Pour the boiling syrup over the mashed bananas.
- Cool in an ice water bath to a temperature of 40 to 45 F, about 15 minutes.
- When cold, add the lemon juice.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer following the
- Transfer the semi-frozen sorbet to a plastic container,
securely cover the container, then place in the freezer for several hours before
- Serve within 3 days.
Yield: 1 3/4 quarts
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sherbet and Sorbet Recipes