- 3 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peach
slices, thawed (or use fresh sliced peaches)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring often; reduce
heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool; cover and chill.
- Process peach slices and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth,
stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Combine sugar mixture, peach mixture, orange juice, and almond extract; pour
into freezer container of a 4-quart hand-turned or electric freezer.
- Freeze according
to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt,
and let stand 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 7 cups
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.