Rainbow of Sorbets
- Freeze unopened can of fruit until frozen solid, at least 18 hours.
- Submerge unopened can in hot water 1 to 2 minutes. Open can and pour syrup into
food processor bowl. Remove other end of can and turn fruit out onto cutting surface.
Cut into 1-inch slices, then cut into chunks and add to processor bowl. Process,
pulsing on and off, until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process just to
- Serve immediately or spoon into bowl, cover and freeze until ready
to serve, up to 8 hours.
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced or halved pears in heavy syrup; 2
tablespoons Poire William liqueur
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced or halved peaches in heavy syrup; 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup; 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons canned cream of coconut; 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons amaretto; 1 (17 ounce) can plums in heavy syrup - Plums must be opened and pitted, then returned to can or put into another
container before freezing.
- 4 tablespoons creme de cassis; 1/4
- 1 (17 ounce) can figs in heavy syrup; 2 tablespoons Marsala or sambuca
- 1 (16 ounce) can grapefruit sections in heavy or light syrup; 2 tablespoons
dark rum or triple sec
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin oranges in heavy or light syrup; 2 tablespoons Grand
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries in heavy syrup; 2 tablespoons creme de Cassis
or white creme de menthe; 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Most recipes make about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups sorbet.