Sorbet en Casis
Sweet and refreshing.
- 2 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 (1-inch) stick of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup applejack
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Combine in a saucepan the cold water, cinnamon, sugar, salt and applejack. Stir
until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boiling point and boil for 5 minutes
- Strain the liquid into a saucepan or a large bowl and cool a little.
- Stir the
strained lemon juice and grated orange rind into mixture.
- Cool thoroughly and chill