Sweet Cherry Sorbet
Luscious dark sweet cherries are the basis for this delicious sorbet. It can
be made with or without an ice cream maker.
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple or cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed, juices reserved
- Stir first 5 ingredients in medium bowl until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Coarsely chop cherries and reserved cherry juices in food processor.
- Add sugar mixture; blend until smooth.
- Pour cherry mixture into ice cream maker and follow
- When done, transfer sorbet to tightly covered container; freeze until solid,
at least 3 hours.
Recipe can be doubled and made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into 9-inch square pan;
freeze 1 1/2 hours or until edges are solid but center is slushy. Spoon frozen mixture
into processor; process to a course texture. Pour back into pan; freeze an additional
1 1/2 hours. Process again. Transfer to a covered container and freeze 3 hours or
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sherbet and Sorbet Recipes