Tangerine and Cracked
Black Pepper Sorbet
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups tangerine juice (about 15 tangerines)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated tangerine zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly coarse-ground black pepper
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine the sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over
medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until all the sugar is dissolved and the mixture
is clear. Skim off any foam that forms.
- Cool the syrup in the refrigerator.
- When the syrup is cold, combine it with the tangerine juice, zest and black pepper.
- Freeze the sorbet in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
(If you don't have an ice cream maker, make a granita, a frozen dish with a
texture similar to shaved ice.)
- Pour the tangerine mixture into a shallow metal dish and place in the freezer.
Every hour, stir to cause ice crystals to form, until the mixture resembles shaved
- Serve the sorbet in chilled martini glasses with a sprig of mint.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Source: The Spicy Food Lover's Bible
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sherbet and Sorbet Recipes