Watermelon Raspberry Sorbet
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 cups watermelon, chopped
- 1 pint raspberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan on the stove and heat until the sugar
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Place watermelon in a blender in small batches (blender about half full).
a little bit of the sugar water to facilitate the blending. Puree well and then
strain into container for ice cream maker or a freezer-proof bowl (or Tupperware).
- Continue this process until all of the watermelon has been pureed.
- Do the same with the raspberries. Use a fine mesh strainer to prevent the raspberry
seeds from getting into the sorbet.
- Add the raspberry puree to the watermelon puree
and add the fresh lime juice. Stir well to combine.
- If you are using an ice-cream maker, follow the manufacturer's instructions
for freezing at this point. If you are using a freezer alone, combine all the purees
together and freeze for about 30 minutes at a time, stirring in between, until desired
consistency is obtained. The sorbet is best served as fresh as possible.
Per Serving: 135 Calories; 1g Fat (8.2% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 32g
Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Fruit;
1/2 Other Carbohydrates