- 1 1/2 pounds watermelon, weighed without seeds or skin
- 1 1/4 cups granulated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons
- Reduce watermelon flesh to a puree.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, dissolve sugar in 2 cups water.
- Add cinnamon sticks
and coriander seeds and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cover and leave to infuse until cold.
- Strain syrup into the watermelon puree and stir in lemon juice.
- Pour mixture
into a container.
- Cover and freeze until firm, beating 3 times at 45-minute intervals.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the sorbet to the refrigerator.