Almond Cherry Puff Pastry
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 roll or can Solo almond paste
- 1/3 cup Bing cherry jam (or any other jam)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Have a baking sheet ready.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured counter with a floured rolling
pin to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise into 2 equal strips. Transfer
1 strip to baking sheet.
- Microwave almond paste to soften in (I use the Solo almond
filling instead, about 1/2 the little can, without microwaving).
- Roll out between
plastic wrap to 11 x 3 1/2 inch rectangle. Remove plastic wrap; center the almond
paste on pastry strip on sheet; spread with preserves. Fold other strip in half
lengthwise, cut slits through the fold at 1/2 inch intervals to 1/2 inch from edge.
Unfold; moisten edges of strip on baking sheet with water. Top with slit strip;
gently press edges to seal top to bottom strip.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry
is puffed and golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Before cutting, dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes