Almond Macaroon Slices
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 7 1/2 ounces (1 1/2 cups) blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- Sliced almonds (not blanched)
- Line cookie sheet with paper.
- Process almonds and sugar until fine and powdery.
- Add 1 egg white. Beat, and
add additional egg white slowly until a paste forms that holds together (may not
need all of it).
- Turn out onto floured surface, form a ball, turn to flour all sides.
Shape into an 11-inch long cylinder. Place on cookie sheet, brush off excess flour.
Dip finger in water, press a trench into dough, lengthwise. Don't cut through
the ends. Stand uncovered overnight.
- Stir preserves well. Place in trench, top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until macaroon is lightly colored
and preserves start to bubble.
- Cool, then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into diagonal slices.
Makes 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes