Almond Pastry Cream (Frangipane)
Frangipane is a delicious almond pastry cream which is used to fill croissants,
chneiks and other pastries. It can be made several days in advance and chilled until
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup pastry cream, or more to taste (optional)
- 2/3 cup (100 g) blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100 g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavor
- In a food processor, finely grind the almonds with the sugar and salt until the
mixture is powdery.
- Mix in the butter, and add the eggs one at a time, processing
until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond flavorings.
- The frangipane is ready to use, but it may also be lightened with pastry cream.
To do this, combine the almond mixture with 3/4 cup pastry cream, or more to taste.
Stir to blend, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 15 min | Yield: 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pastry Filling Recipes