Amaretto Cream Puffs with Raspberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grease large cookie sheet.
- Heat water and butter in saucepan over medium heat until water has come to boil
and butter melted. Reduce heat.
- Add sugar and flour all at once. Stir briskly with wooden spoon until mixture forms ball.
- Remove from heat. Cool slightly and beat in eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Filling: Whip cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in liqueur.
- When puffs are cool, cut in half and spoon in filling. You may refrigerate puffs at this point for a day or freeze up to 2 weeks. (Thaw in refrigerator 2 hours before serving.)
- Place raspberries and their syrup into sieve to remove seeds.
- In small saucepan mix cornstarch with water.
- Add raspberry puree. Heat stirring constantly, just until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Cool.
- Place puffs on platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with puree.