As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large bananas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 dash orange juice
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Dough: Sift the flour into a large
- Add the shortening and butter and rub into the
flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually blend in the water to make a soft dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator
for 30 minutes.
- Filling: Mash the bananas in a bowl
with a fork and stir in the apricots, nutmeg, and orange juice, mixing well.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut
out 4-inch rounds. Spoon a little of the banana filling onto one half of each round
and fold the dough over the filling to make semicircles. Pinch the edges together
and seal by pressing with prongs of a fork. Arrange the pastries on a nonstick cookie
sheet and brush them with the beat on egg yolk to glaze.
- Cut a small slit in each pastry and bake in a preheated
oven at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes