Cherry Cream Puff Ring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat water and butter to boiling in a 1-quart saucepan; stir in flour. Stir vigorously
until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs; beat until smooth.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheet to form an 8-inch
ring. (To form ring, place an 8-inch round cake pan on cookie sheet and trace around
it; drop dough inside circle.) Smooth with spatula.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool ring.
- Cut off top with sharp knife; pull out any soft dough.
- Beat milk, sour cream, dry pudding mix and extract in small bowl on low speed
until blended, about 1 minute.
- Fill cream puff ring with pudding mixture; spoon
1/2 cup of cherry pie filling onto pudding mixture. Replace top of cream puff ring
and spoon remaining cherry filling on top.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes