Chocolate Cannoli Eclairs
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature
semisweet chocolate pieces or chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied cherries
Cream Puff Pastry
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
or chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together ricotta cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and
vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate pieces or chopped chocolate
and the candied cherries. Cover and chill.
- Prepare cream puff pastry as directed, except spoon dough into a decorating bag
fitted with a large plain round tip (about a 1/2-inch opening). Slowly pipe strips
of dough 3 inches apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, making 12 éclairs, each
about 4 inches long, 1 1/4 inches wide, and about 3/4 inch high.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 30 - 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove clairs from baking sheet. Cool on a rack.
- Up to 1 hour before serving, horizontally cut off the tops of the
any soft dough from the insides. Fill éclairs with ricotta filling. Replace tops.
- Melt 1/3 cup chocolate pieces or chopped chocolate, shortening, and corn syrup
over low heat; drizzle or pipe over éclairs. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 11, 2001.