As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ricotta, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Filling: Puree ricotta and sugar in processor until smooth. Transfer to large
bowl. Mix in next 4 ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. (Can
be prepared 1 day ahead.) Bring filling to room temperature before using.
- Dough: Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and pinch of salt in large bowl. Make
well in center. Add beer, butter, half of egg (reserve remainder for another use)
and vanilla extract to well. Gradually draw flour from edge of well into center
until all flour is incorporated. Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth.
Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough into 12-inch square. Cut into nine 4-inch squares. Wrap 1 square
around each cannoli form, brushing edges with water and pressing gently to seal.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy large skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Add cannoli in batches and cook until golden brown, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Remove shells from cannoli forms. Cool.
- Spoon room temperature filling into pastry bag without tip. Pipe filling into cannoli shells.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes