Chocolate Cheese Éclairs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup
butter or margarine
Chocolate Cheese Filling
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, cocoa and sugar. Heat water and butter in 3-quart saucepan to a rolling
boil. Stir in flour mixture. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a
ball, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs; continue beating until smooth.
- Drop dough by about 1/4 cupsful 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. With
spatula, shape each into finger 4 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake until
puffed and darker brown on top, 35 to 40 minutes; cool.
- Cut off tops; pull out any filaments of soft dough. Fill éclairs with Chocolate
Cheese Filling; replace tops.
- Chocolate Cheese Filling: Heat chocolate chips in small heavy saucepan over low
heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Stir
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in
- Spread with Cocoa Glaze just before serving.
- Cocoa Glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk until smooth.
If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until of desired
- Refrigerate any remaining éclairs.
Yield: 8 servings.
Per Serving: 455 Calories; 31g Fat (59.3% calories from fat); 7g Protein;
41g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 179mg Cholesterol; 199mg Sodium