Chocolate Cherry Puffs
- Commercial puff pastry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 can Bing cherries
- Chocolate sauce
- Cut puffy pastry sheets into six 4-inch triangles, bake until golden.
- Beat heavy
cream in cold mixer until whipped, fold in powdered sugar and cocoa; chill.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan, cook until thickened, let cool.
- To assemble cut pastry in half, fill with cherry mixture and top with chocolate
cream. Place top back on, sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate
- Serve immediately.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine March 20, 2002 11:03:26.