Chocolate-Orange Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon
grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Powdered sugar
Chocolate Cream Filling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Dash salt
- For Orange Puffs: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Combine water, butter, orange peel in small saucepan; heat over medium-high heat
until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Add flour all at once and stir vigorously
until mixture holds together and leaves side of pan and forms a ball. Add eggs,
one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Mixture should be smooth and satiny.
Drop dough by level measuring tablespoonsful, 2 inches apart onto prepared baking
sheet, making 16 mounds.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F; bake for 10 additional minutes
or until golden brown.
- Remove puffs to wire rack cool completely.
- With serrated
knife, cut each puff in half horizontally. Spoon about 1 heaping measuring tablespoon
of Chocolate Filling onto bottom of each puff. Replace top. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- For Chocolate Cream Filling: Melt morsels and orange juice in small, heavy-duty
saucepan over low heat, stirring until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
Transfer mixture to large bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream, powdered sugar
and salt in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cooled chocolate
Preparation Time: 25 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins | Cooling Time: 1 hr refrigerating
Servings: 16 cream puffs
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com.