Chocolate Pastry Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 cups milk to boiling.
- While milk is heating, whisk
egg yolks, sugar and remaining 1/4 cup milk. whisk in cornstarch and flour until
- Temper the egg mixture by slowly whisking in about 1/3 of the heated milk,
then whisking in remaining milk. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium-high
heat until mixture thickens and boils, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and
cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Pour into
a bowl, press plastic wrap on the surface to prevent a skin from forming and cool
to room temperature before chilling for at least 2 hours.
Makes 2 3/4 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pastry Filling Recipes