Chocolate Strawberry Turnovers
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup fresh strawberries stem and leaves removed, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 thawed puff pastry sheet (from a 17 1/4 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F; lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Trim any uneven scraps from your pastry sheet and slice it into 4 equal squares.
- In a small bowl beat the egg until fluffy and brush onto the edges of the pastry
squares, set aside on the prepared baking sheet until chocolate mixture is ready.
- Using a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter. Stir the mixture to blend
and remove from heat as soon as the chocolate is melted. Stir in the orange zest
and set aside.
- Evenly divide the strawberries among each square making a little mound in the
center. Then evenly divide the chocolate mixture between each square poring over
the strawberries in the center. Fold each square diagonally in half, forming triangles;
seal the edges by gently pressing together. You can use the tines of a fork to crimp
the edges for a decorative effect. With a sharp knife cut a small steam vent in
top of each turnover and then brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack and cook until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Serve the turnovers warm, with French vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes