Chocolate Turnovers (T&T)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package frozen puff pastry thawed (2 sheets)
- 1 beaten egg with 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not substitute butter or margarine or oil)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine in a bowl 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and cinnamon; set aside.
- Unfold one pastry sheet at a time and roll on a lightly floured surface to a
12-inch square. Cut into nine 4-inch squares.
- Place 1 very huge heaping tablespoon of chocolate/cinnamon mixture into the center
of each square. Lightly brush egg wash around the edges of each square.
- Fold diagonally in half, sealing edges. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
Lightly brush tops of turnovers with egg wash.
- Bake 15 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and place on wire rack.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chips with shortening either in a double boiler
until smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over each turnover, let set, then enjoy to
your heart's content.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes