Coconut Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Coconut Cream Filling
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of coconut (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup coconut
- Cream Puffs: Combine butter, water and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a
boil. Add flour, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir for three to four minutes, until
mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat and let stand for
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
Drop batter on to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 30 to
35 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Split puffs and remove any soft dough.
- Coconut Cream Filling: In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
Gradually stir in milk and cream of coconut. Cook and stir until think and bubbly,
then cook about two more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slightly beat egg yolks with
a fork. Gradually stir in about one cup of hot mixture into egg yolks. Pour egg
yolk mixture mixture into the saucepan with the hot filling. Bring to a gentle boil,
then cook and stir for another two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter until melted, then add coconut and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate, then fill puffs.
Filling can also be topped with meringue and used for coconut cream pie.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes