Coffee Pastry Cream
Use as a filling for cakes, cream puffs, eclairs and Napoleons.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan. Gradually whisk in
half-and-half and coffee granules. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until
mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
- Cover and chill 4 hours before using.
Makes 3 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pastry Filling Recipes