As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream (garnish)
- Confectioners' sugar (garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grate zest from lemon. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar, mix together and set aside.
- Place cranberry sauce in large strainer, break up and rinse away jelly, leaving
only berries and pulp. Allow to drain thoroughly.
- Melt butter in a 7-inch cast iron (ovenproof) skillet, and swirl pan so butter
coats sides of pan. Sauté drained cranberries over medium/low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shift together flour and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat eggs together in a small bowl and whisk in milk. Add remaining 1 tablespoon
sugar to cranberries and heat 1-2 minutes allowing a little syrup to form. While
waiting for syrup, pour egg and milk mixture slowly into flour mixture while beating.
When blended, add lemon-sugar. Pour batter on top of cranberries. Let set for one
minute, then place pan in oven for 20 minutes or until set.
- Cut portions and serve with sprinkled confectioners' sugar and a dollop of sour
cream on the top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes