Cream Cheese and Apple Butter Crescents
Apple butter and sweetened cream cheese give these filled crescents decadent
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 teaspoons apple butter
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar and the cream cheese;
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1/2 teaspoon apple butter onto
shortest side of each triangle. Loosely roll up, starting at shortest side,
rolling to opposite point. Place point side down on cookie sheet; curve into
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave butterscotch chips uncovered
for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until soft.
- Add oil; stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle crescents with remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Drizzle with butterscotch mixture.
prep time 15 min | total time 30 min | servings 8
To quickly soften cream cheese, in small microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese
uncovered on HIGH for 15 to 20 seconds. Stir until smooth.
These crescents are best served warm. Store leftover crescents in single layer
tightlycovered up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Crescent Calories 180 Calories from Fat
90 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 260mg Total
Carbohydrate 19g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 8g Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):