Cream Phyllo Cones
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 quarts milk
- 12 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 grated lemon peel
- 20 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9 x 14 ), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Sliced fruit for garnish
- Powdered sugar to dust
- In top of double boiler, over hot water, mix sugar and corn starch together.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and lemon peel. Cook for about 25 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into large bowl and cool completely.
- With electric mixer, whip cooled custard on high speed for 1 minute.
- Prepare 20 fillo cones. (Instructions
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 8 to
10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Pipe filling into cones and garnish with whipped cream and fruit of your choice.
Dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes