Cream Puffs with Cannoli Cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream Puffs: In a 2-quart pot, melt butter. Add water and bring to boil. Over
low heat, add flour and stir until it forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and add 4 eggs;
mix well. With a teaspoon, drop mixture onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until light brown.
- Filling: Mix ricotta, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract; add more
sugar to taste. Put in blender a little at time. Blend on a low setting until creamy
- Put filling into puffs, and sprinkle with extra confectioners' sugar.