As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
- 3 to 4 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Baklava: Separate 1 can of dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13 x 9-inch
pan. Press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In large bowl combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well. Spoon evenly over
partially baked crust. Separate remaining dough into 2 long rectangles. Place over
walnut mixture, press to edges of pan. Using dough edges and perforations as a guide,
with tip of sharp knife score dough with 5 lengthwise and 7 diagonal markings to
form 28 diamond shaped pieces.
- Glaze: In small saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, remove from heat.
Spoon half of glaze evenly over dough.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes
until golden brown. Spoon remaining glaze evenly over hot baklava. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into diamond shaped pieces to serve.
If desired, press a whole clove in center of each piece for a garnish.
Makes 28 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes