Disappearing Cream Cheese Croissant
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Sugar/Cinnamon mixture (1/4 cup sugar mixed
with 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Gently unroll 1 can of crescents and keeping sections joined, press into bottom
- Cream together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar by cooking in microwave for 45
seconds on HIGH, then stir until smooth. Spread evenly on crescent layer. Layer
second can of crescents over cream cheese. Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly
on this layer. Melt butter in microwave evenly for 1 minute at 50% power, then pour
evenly on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Variations: You may sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top before adding butter
if desired. May add diced fresh apples (3/4 cup) or a small can well drained crushed
pineapple to cream cheese mixture.
If you add fruit, you will need to increase baking time an extra 5 minutes.
Source: St. Louis Grand Prize Winner, Pillsbury Bake-Off