- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- 1/2 cup
sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups bottled
- 1 tablespoon rum
- In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil, stir until batter is melted.
Add flour and salt all at once, and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until
mixture forms a ball and no longer clings to side of saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition, continue beating until mixture
has a silky sheen. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture on a greased baking sheet, spread
into oblong shape until 4 inches repeat nine times.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30
- Cool. With a very sharp knife slice off tops, remove bits of soft dough from
inside éclair shell. Fill with eggnog filling.
- Eggnog Filling: Into a small saucepan, measure cornstarch; gradually stir in
eggnog. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
Remove from heat, cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in rum.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly
- An added touch...serve with whipped cream and dribble with chocolate sauce.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 11/3/2001 4:57 pm.