- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant eggnog flavored powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, eggnog powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, milk and rum extract.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring the batter until just
mixed. (Do not over-beat.)
- In a preheated 450 degree F oven, heat a six-cup popover pan for 5 minutes, or
until it is hot.
- Brush the cups with melted butter, and fill them half full with
- Bake the popovers in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat
to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the popovers for 20 minutes more, or until they are golden
brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.