French Silk Filled Cream Puffs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream Puffs: Bring water and butter to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add flour and salt at once.
Beat until smooth ands forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs one at a time
until batter is shiny.
- Place by tablespoon portions 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25
minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Slice top off and scoop uncooked batter from inside. Fill with filling and replace
top. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.
- Filling: Cream butter and sugar in mixer, blend in vanilla extract and coffee.
Add eggs one at a time, beating 2 minutes after each addition. Blend in chocolate.
Chill for 1 hour before filling cream puffs.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes