Fried Sweet Cinnamon Pillows
- 2 loaves bread dough, risen
- 1/2 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 stick butter
- Oil for cooking
- In a shaker mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut golf ball size chunks of dough keeping fingers well floured to prevent sticking.
- Put at least one inch of oil in heavy fry pan. Keeping the oil at that depth
until all bread is cooked. Heat pan over medium-high heat so that oil is almost
smoking. Quickly fry bread pieces on each side until golden. Transfer to paper towels.
- Butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar while bread is still warm.
- Serve in a large basket, garnished with sticks of cinnamon.