Glazed Lemon Squares
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick (additional)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the 1 cup of Bisquick and confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter. Press
into an ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes until light brown.
- Mix together the 3/4 cup sugar, coconut, 1 tablespoon Bisquick, eggs, lemon juice,
lemon rind. Pour mixture over slightly cooled baked Bisquick layer.
- Return to oven
and bake another 25 minutes more until set. Loosen edges while warm.
- Cool this recipe completely and spread with the glaze.
- Glaze: Beat together confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth.