Jam 'n' Cheese Turnovers
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup fruit jam, your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of pastry into a 12-inch square
and cut each square into four 6-inch squares. Put 1 1/2 tablespoons of cream cheese
in the center of each square, top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of jam, and brush edges
of each square with water. Fold squares in half diagonally to form triangles, pressing
the edges together firmly, and press the edges with the tines of a fork to seal
- Make an egg wash by beating together egg and water.
- Arrange the turnovers on a dampened baking sheet; brush with the egg wash, and
with a sharp knife cut several slits (for steam vents) in the top of each turnover.
- Sprinkle with sugar; bake in the upper third of oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until
they are puffed and golden; serve warm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes