Mango Raspberry Napoleons
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 small box regular vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk (for preparing pudding)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- Thaw the phyllo dough.
- Wash, peel the mango. Remove the pit and chop flesh into
1/2-inch cubes. Place mango in a bowl and add orange juice and 2 tablespoons sugar.
Stir to coat and set aside.
- Prepare the pudding with the milk according to package directions. Refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Lightly brush with some of the melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with some of the
sugar. Repeat this process with two more sheets, buttering and sugaring the top
of the last sheet as well. Cut the stacked sheets once across the middle, horizontally.
Then cut twice vertically to create 6 equal pieces. Then, cut each rectangle diagonally
to create a total of 12 triangles. Repeat the entire procedure on another cookie
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven
and immediately run a knife along all of the cut lines to ensure that they separate
easily when they cool. Let cool to room temperature. (If not using immediately,
store in an airtight container.)
- To assemble Napoleons: Spread 1 tablespoon of pudding on each of 16 phyllo sheets.
Sprinkle with chopped mango and a few fresh raspberries. Stack phyllo/mango sheets
2 layers high. You should have 8 stacks, 2 layers each. Cover each of the remaining
stacks with a phyllo triangle and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Phyllo dough is purchased from the frozen food section of the grocery store.
Thaw it completely before opening it. While working with the phyllo dough, always
cover it with a "damp," not wet, cloth or paper towel to prevent it from
drying out and cracking.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes